84250 LE THOR
Tél : 04 90 33 93 65

Situated in the limestone strata of an outlying hill, the Thouzon caves were discovered by chance on 23 January 1902 when a cliff was blasted while excavating a quarry. The workers who penetrated the opening told locals how they discovered a huge corridor from whose ceiling hung “thousands of straws through which water was trickling”. The guided tour follows the fossilised bed an old underground river where you will be able to admire a wide variety of concretions. The high point of the tour is the Cave of the Soda Straws of which some are 2m long.

March: Dimanches après-midi : visites à 14h15, 15h20, 16h20 et 17h30
April, Mai, June : Tous les jours de 10h à 12h et de 14h à 18h
July et August : Tous les jours de 10h à 18h30
September et October : Tous les jours de 10h à 12h et de 14h à 18h
(Départ de la visite 30 minutes avant la fermeture)



Anecat – Grottes en France - asbury | © Tous droits réservés

WordPress Video Lightbox Plugin